Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Reminder: Outside Writing Is Always Appreciated

I mentioned this a couple of years ago, but some of you may have forgotten. AME is always happy to post writing from other people. One time it actually happened.

www.athensmusicexpress.blogspot.com/2008/12/on-influences-vivian-girls-guest-blog

I'll probably make some suggestions. Exchange some e-mails. That kind of thing. Just like a real editor would do. I also promise not to change anything in your article without running it by you first (in my experience, a rarity in the rockwrite world). But I'm sure I'm not the only person out there with thoughts about local music (doesn't have to be local, however. I'm pretty sure Phil Collins has never heard of Athens--hell, it doesn't even have to be about music). 

Your anonymity is up to you. Me personally, I prefer to let the ideas stand for themselves. Since attacking people's character & motives seems to have become the preferred method of debate in this country, I've always hoped that removing one's self (or as an intellectual would put it, 'self') from the equation might prevent that from happening. No easy way out for people to say, 'Oh, you're just saying that because you're ______'. But that's just me.

One word of advice, I generally find people's ideas more interesting than their opinions. The e-mail address is to the left. athensmusicexpress@yahoo.com. I check it every few days.

No comments: